Corporate Fitness Trainer
Job Type: |
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Reports to: Director of Fitness
Orangetheory Fitness is a trendsetting franchise fitness organization with close to 500 locations open in the US, Canada and UK and with more than 400 new fitness studios under development across the nation and internationally.
Summary / Objective:
The Corporate Fitness Trainer (CFT) will be responsible for representing Orangetheory Fitness (OTF) Corporate through facilitating the OTFit Certificate Workshop nationally/internationally and evaluating regional fitness trainers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Follow and present the OTFit Certificate Workshop to enforce adherence to OTF guidelines.
- Assess candidate performance throughout training workshop and exercise discretionary judgement to determine if candidate meets OTFit criteria.
- Complete phone call to studio owner prior to launch training.
- Must fully complete launch training daily debriefs and submit at end of each day. These are directly related to your percentage of bonus earned.
- Complete daily surveys while on site at the end of each day to report training progress to Corporate.
- Receive positive feedback from owner / trainer post-training surveys on performance.
- Approve Regional Fitness Trainers through formal sign-off process.
- Work with the Corporate Fitness Team with video training modules.
- Present continuing education workshops if needed.
- Attend the Annual Convention and Fitness Training Summit
- Assist in local franchise training as needed.
Essential Job Qualifications:
- Strong Presentation skills
- Self-motivated and driven fitness professional.
- Experience in the fitness industry in a leadership role – direct experience in fitness training required.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required.
- Ability to work independently and utilize discretionary judgement in conducting remote fitness trainer evaluations.
- Ability to effectively give training presentations to small groups, with previous experience in training/mentoring.
- Strong computer skills with Internet use, MS office, and basic software programs
- Compliance with the OTF Brand
- Success at the Head Trainer position in a studio
- Flexible to travel as required
- Able to work flexible schedules as needed, including weekends and holidays
Required Eduction / Experience:
- Successful completion of the OTFit Certificate Workshop.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience as a leader in the fitness industry.
- Minimum of 1 year as an OTF Fitness Trainer.
- Current nationally accredited personal trainer or group exercise instructor certification.
- Current CPR/AED certification.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Exercise Science related field a plus.
- Communication Proficiency
- Public Speaking
- Training Skills
- Computer Skills
This position does not manage any employees.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arm, and lift 40lbs.
This is a full-time position.
The position requires traveling 2 – 4 weeks per month.
Orangetheory Fitness provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.Other Duties:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.