Job Type: |
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Orangetheory Fitness is a trendsetting franchise fitness organization with over 500 locations open in the US and around the world with more than 400 additional fitness studios under development.
The Retail Director will work closely with executive management and will play an integral role in developing and executing the company’s strategic action plans necessary to achieve company’s long-term goals and objections, assist in the development of company retail program growth, and positioning the company’s branded products as a high quality and successful premium branded fitness clothing retailer. Additionally, the Retail Director will interface with independently-owned and operated franchise fitness studios to assure a consistent and smooth execution of the Company’s retail sales strategy. This position will be responsible for identifying trends crucial for establishing the merchandise mix, establishing and managing vendor relationships, developing retail merchandise sourcing strategy (direct and franchisee), coordinating the planning and budgeting processes for all reporting departments, forecasting for anticipated growth, and managing department P&L. Must be comfortable presenting to C-Level executive management team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Research and forecast trends and new product lines.
- Work within and evolve Branding Guidelines to manage brand standards and maintain high quality perception of all branded merchandise.
- Manage product lifecycle from design, production, logistic, replenishment, and end of life.
- Oversee management of inventory levels, review and analyze maximum and minimum inventory levels and reorder points based on past sales data, promotions, seasonality, and customer demand.
- Oversee overall vendor activity including negotiations with suppliers, pricing, product and supply issues, and establishing rebates as available.
- Train, mentor and manage the corporate retail team. Monitor performance to identify and strengthen deficiencies and recommend training or corrective action.
- Assist studios with training guides and seminars to support and appropriately manage retail sales
- Provide the studio staff with the necessary information, training and data to reach targeted sales goals, as well as, meeting or exceeding customer expectations in the areas of production display, rotation and sales.
- Visit studio locations as well as competitors to stay abreast of current industry and local market needs and economic conditions and adjust quickly and effectively.
- Ability to communicate appropriately across the organizational hierarchy.
- Bachelor Degree in Retail Management or related, AND a minimum of five (5) years of directly related experience
- A minimum of five (5) years of retail purchasing management experience and direct supervisory experience required.
- Strong product development, sourcing, planning and decision-making abilities
- Understanding of Retail Analytics and Technical Data
- Ability to travel to trade shows, studio locations (domestic and international) and seminars
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional retail knowledge that garners the best possible product assortment and unique product development for our Brand.
- Knowledge of and ability to learn/use various retail sales and inventory related computer based software programs as well as word processing, spreadsheet, database, internet and calendar programs.
- Negotiation and collaboration skills
- Exceptional multi-tasking skills required
- Works well under pressure and deadlines
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary, paid time off (PTO), 9 paid holidays, 401k savings plan with company match, fitness casual dress code in our corporate office and the ability to workout for free at any of our corporately owned Orangetheory locations. We look forward to reviewing in detail the specific benefits you would receive as an Orangetheory Team Member.
Orangetheory Fitness provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
Orangetheory Fitness provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.Other Duties:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.